Memorial Hospital Revises Visitation Policy
Memorial Hospital has made revisions to its visitation policy, effective Monday, June 8, 2020 .
Hospital Spokesperson remarked that the desire to allow unrestricted visitation of loved ones at Memorial Hospital and Health Care Center and our clinics, and recognizes the obligation they have to provide safe health care to their patients and the communities they serve. Further stating that they have been very careful to maximize the safety of patients, caregivers, and visitors.
Hospital officials said they will continue to monitor the prevalence of this virus and will update safety precautions.
Full press release below:
· Entrances to our facilities remain limited.
· ONE visitor per patient per day (excludes patients in isolation, Skilled Caring Center, Inpatient Rehab Center, Behavioral Health Services, and Caring Hands Senior Services).
· Visiting hours are 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
· Visitors must stay in the patient room (going to the Tower Café for food is allowed).
· Visitors must go through the screening process, wear a mask that covers their mouth and nose, and check in at the nurses station.
· Visitors are also encouraged to clean their hands frequently while in the hospital.
Outpatient clinics, laboratory, radiology, oncology, etc.
Patients should come to their appointments alone and wear a mask that covers their mouth and nose.
· Exceptions include:
o Patients under the age of 18 are allowed one parent/legal guardian
o Patients needing physical or mental assistance