Indiana DNR says camping and Indiana State Forest are still open
Many people enjoy camping this time of the year as the weather grows warmer, the tulips and other flowers are popping out of the ground, and the native trees like dogwoods are coming to life.
Click on the video to hear more about Indiana’s wonderful State Forest (Click on Video)
Here is the latest information from the DNR one facilities and what is available.
- All DNR properties including state parks, state forests, fish and wildlife areas, nature preserves and state recreation areas. Entrance fees at properties have been temporarily suspended.
- Campgrounds, cabins, inns. Meeting rooms remain open for groups within current State gathering guidance.
- All Indiana DNR-managed facilities at Brookville, J.E. Roush, Salamonie, Mississinewa, Cecil M. Harden, Cagles Mill, Patoka and Monroe lakes (campgrounds, wildlife areas, and boat ramps) remain open. However, public facilities managed directly by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers at or below the dams at these lakes (tailwater areas, observation mounds, etc.) are closed.
As noted, campgrounds, inns and cabins remain open at this time, but for those who would prefer to cancel or reschedule due to COVID-19, we are committed to waiving fees for cancellations or transfers of reservations and to issuing refunds as requested for inn rooms, campsites, cabins, group camps or other facilities held through April 30, 2020. This time frame may be extended as the COVID-19 status evolves.
All property offices, while remaining open, will have restricted public access. For service at an office location contact information will be provided at the main entrance to the office.
- Nature Centers, Historic Buildings and Visitor Centers, Forest Education Centers, Recreation Buildings and enclosed picnic areas.
- State Park Inn pools and the aquatic center at Abe Martin Lodge until further notice.
- The exhibit gallery at Falls of the Ohio State Park’s Interpretive Center. The park remains open. The interpretive center restrooms and information desk are available.
- All group camps, youth tent and rally tent areas through April 30, 2020. Any groups with reservations have been contacted and fees will be refunded.
- Rentable recreation buildings are closed through April 30. Those with reservations have been contacted and rental fees are being refunded.
- Tri-County FWA Shooting Range.
- The DNR Customer Service Center in downtown Indianapolis is closed to public visits.