Dubois County Schools to Close due to COVID-19
March 13, 2020
SWDCS continues to monitor and follow all guidance and required actions from Governor Eric Holcomb, the Indiana Department of Education, the Indiana Department of Health and the Dubois County Health Department.
The safety of students, staff and community members is of the utmost priority. As a means to prevent the spread of Coronavirus and the potential effects on our community all SWDCS schools will be closed beginning at 5:00 p.m. today. Currently, schools will remain closed through Friday, April 3, 2020. The following actions will be implemented during that time:
- School WILL BE cancelled on Monday, March 16, 2020. This day will be used by teachers to plan and communicate eLearning lessons. This will not be an eLearning day, so there will be no academic requirements. This day will be waived by the State Department of Education.
- eLearning days will be utilized March 17, 2020 through March 20, 2020 to continue instruction for all students in grades K-12. Teachers will maintain regular work hours to support online instructional needs and to answer student questions. We will execute eLearning days exactly like we have in the past including attendance. Please see attached Southwest Dubois eLearning Parent Letter.
- School WILL NOT be in session the week of March 23, 2020 due to our regularly scheduled spring break.
- School WILL BE cancelled on Monday, March 30, 2020. This day will be used by teachers to plan and communicate eLearning lessons. This will not be an eLearning day, so there will be no academic requirements. This day will be waived by the State Department of Education.
- eLearning days will be utilized March 31, 2020 through April 3, 2020 to continue instruction for all students in grades K-12.
- We will continue to stay in close contact with state and local health officials as well as the Indiana Department of Education to determine any need for closure or eLearning beyond April 3, 2020.
- As of Friday March 13th at 5:00 p.m. and continuing until further notice, all extra-curricular events and practices are cancelled. Any previously scheduled events during the closure period are cancelled.
- School facilities will be closed to everyone with the exception of minimal personnel needed to assist with essential school functions.
From Southeast Dubois Schools:
All Southeast Dubois Schools will be closed from Monday, March 16 – Friday, April 3. Students will participate in eLearning from March 17-20 and also on March 30-April 3. Further communication will be shared by Administrators and Teachers.