Notes, Jokes & Quotes
News Now special segment:
Notes & Facts:
- Research in the UK has determined that most people are
happiest at 7:26 PM on Saturday night.
- “Rain of fish” is an annual weather event in which hundreds of fish rain from the sky onto the city Yoro in Honduras.
70% of the time, ice from fast food restaurants was dirtier than toilet water.– High-frequency sounds enhance the sweetness in food, while low frequencies bring out the bitterness.– The most searched tutorial on YouTube is “How to Kiss.”– When Neil Armstrong first walked on the moon, he carried with him a piece of the Wright brothers’ first airplane.– The first ever 3D movie was “The Power Of Love,” a silent film released in 1922.– A British prisoner of war, captured by the Germans in WW1, was freed to see his dying mother, then went back to the prison camp because he gave the Kaiser ‘his word’ he would return.– The average woman in New York spends 19 minutes primping and 7 minutes deciding what to wear each day.– In Florida, it’s against the law for a person to appear in public clothed in liquid latex.– Performing the Nazi salute in Germany is a criminal offence punishable by up to 3 years in prison.– The rubber tree isn’t the only plant with rubbery sap, but it is the only one that produces more latex each time it is cut because the wound stimulates its rate of photosynthesis.– Paul McCartney is the only musician to have number one singles as a solo artist, as part of a duo, a trio, a quartet, a quintet, and a sextet.
- A woman sat in the waiting room when her octogenarian husband was in the examination room for his annual physical.After awhile, the doctor came out and said: “Mrs. Garcia, nurse is helping your husband with his clothes and would be out in a minute. As far as I can tell, he is in excellent health for his age. However, I am curious about something.”The woman said: “Yes Doctor, what is it?”
The doctor said: “During the examination, Mr. Garcia said he was pleased that the bathroom lights came on automatically when he went to urinate in the middle of the night. Can you tell me what that’s all about?”
The woman took a deep breath and said: “Oh no! he’s peeing into the fridge again!”
- The world’s largest bounce house is now touring the US. At 10,000 square feet it’s large enough to live in.The rent is pretty expensive but that’s mostly due to inflation.
- Why do cell phones not wear glasses? Because they have contacts.
- o Scientists were working late discussing ideas about behavior modification studies. “We’ve started something new at my lab,” said the first scientist. “For some of our more dangerous experiments, we’re now using lawyers”.
“Lawyers?” asks the second scientist. “Why aren’t you using rats?” “Well you know how it is,” the first scientist replies. “You can get attached to rats.”
- A woman went to a lawyer to discuss divorcing her husband.
“Don’t you love him anymore?” asked the lawyer.
“Oh, I still love him,” she replied, “but all he ever wants is make love, I can’t take it anymore.”
“Instead of divorcing him, why don’t you try charging him every time he wants to make love?” the lawyer suggested.
The exhausted wife decided to give the plan a try.
As soon as she walked into the house that night her husband put the move on her.
“Not so fast,” she replied. “From now on it’ll be $10 in the kitchen, $20 in the living room and $50 in the bedroom.”
“Well, then,” he said. “Here’s $50.”
The wife began walking to the bedroom.
“Hold on,” he said, grabbing her hand. “That’ll be five times in the kitchen!”
- Father: “Why did you fail your mathematics test?”
Son: “On Monday, teacher said 3+5=8.”
Son: “On Tuesday, she said 4+4=8 And on Wednesday, she said 6+2=8… If she can’t make up her mind, how do I know the right answer?”