Notes, Jokes & Quotes of the Day for Monday
Notes of the Day:
- When you snap your finger, your finger moves at about 20 mph.
- Medical students in 18th-century Scotland could pay their tuition fees in corpses.
- The can opener was not invented until 50 years after the invention of canned food.
- Some deep-sea skates lay their eggs close to hydrothermal vents using the hot water to incubate their eggs.
- The typical U.S. Congress member is 12 times richer than the typical American household.
- A church in Italy, destroyed by an earthquake in 1976, was rebuilt using most of its original cataloged stones that were placed in the exact same positions they were in before it fell.
- The first non-white NBA player was Japanese and joined the NBA the same year Jackie Robinson broke the racial barrier in baseball.
Jokes of the Day:
- Dogs can’t operate MRI scanners but “catscan”.
- Turning Vegan would be a big “missed steak”.
- Well to be Frank I’d have to change my name (yeah lame but still kind of funny).
- Our mountains aren’t just funny, they’re “Hill-Areas”
- Forget world peace, visualize using your turn signal.
Quotes of the Day: