Notes, Jokes & Quotes of the Day – Wednesday
Notes of the Day:
- A bolt of lightning is 5 times hotter than the surface of the sun.
- The Golden Gate Bridge project cost more than $35 million, completing ahead of schedule and under budget.
- If you drilled a tunnel straight through the Earth and jumped in, it would take you about 42 minutes to get to the other side.
- 80% of humanity lives on less than $10 U.S. dollars a day
Jokes of the Day:
- A doctor and a lawyer are talking at a party. Their conversation is constantly interrupted by people describing their ailments and asking the doctor for free medical advice. After an hour of this, the exasperated doctor asks the lawyer, “What do you do to stop people from asking you for legal advice when you’re out of the office?” “I give it to them,” replies the lawyer, “and then I send them a bill.” The doctor is shocked, but agrees to give it a try. The next day, still feeling slightly guilty, the doctor prepares the bills. When he goes to place them in his mailbox, he finds a bill from the lawyer.
- Q: Why did the witches’ team lose the baseball game?
A: Their bats flew away.
- A bus full of ugly people had a head on collision with a truck. When they died, God granted all of them one wish. The first person said, “I want to be gorgeous.” God snapped his fingers and it happened. The second person said the same thing and God did the same thing. This want on and on throughout the group. God noticed the last man in line was laughing hysterically. By the time God got to the last ten people, the last man was laughing and rolling on the ground. When the man’s turn came, he laughed and said, “I wish they were all ugly again.”
- Quotes of the Day: