State Police Announce Travel Restrictions For This Week’s Senior PGA Championship
FRENCH LICK (Local Sources) – Beginning this morning, May 19, through Sunday evening, May 24, traffic restrictions will be in place to control the flow of traffic for the Senior PGA Championship at the Pete Dye Course in French Lick.
The following traffic restrictions, agreed upon by the Town of French Lick and the PGA, will be in place:
* Mt. Arie Road at Highland Road: Traffic will be diverted at this location, allowing only vehicles with a permitted placard to travel south.
* County Road 950 West at County Road 25 South: Traffic will be diverted at this location, allowing only vehicles with a permitted placard to travel north.
* Red Quarry Road and Monon Road: Only vehicles with a permitted placard will be allowed to travel west.
* Geneva Street and Sinclair Street: Only vehicles with a permitted placard will be allowed to travel south.
* County Road 300 South (New Airport Road): will be for charter bus traffic ONLY. This will be used to shuttle spectators to the Course from the French Lick Airport.
* Traffic going to the French Lick Airport is asked to travel west on County Road 350 South from State Road 145. Traffic leaving the airport will be directed south on County Road 950 West and east on Cox Road (County Road 490 South) to route back to State Road 145.
The Indiana State Police asks that all motorists in French Lick this week use patience while driving and follow the traffic direction of Troopers as we work to ensure safe travels for all.