UPDATE: State Fire Marshal To Investigate Truman Road House Fire (AUDIO)
For the second time in less than a week, firefighters were called to a home along Truman Road in Jasper early Monday morning, and for the second in less than a week, the fire broke out in the home’s basement.
Jasper fire fighters were called to the home of Allan and Dana Foy in the 300 block of South Truman at about 7:20 this morning. Heavy smoke was billowing from the front of the home when firefighters arrived.
The fire was under control at about 8am.
Jasper fire chief Ken Hochgesang says the fire is not a rekindle of last Wednesday’s fire at the home.
Hochgesang says this morning’s fire starting in a finished, living area of the basement…
Hochgesang says the Indiana State Fire Marshal’s office has been called to conduct its own investigation of the fire. Hochgesang says this is done when there is a heavy amount of fire damage, and to get “an extra set of eyes” and second opinion on what caused it.
Last week, faulty wiring near a wall switch in the basement was the cause of the fire late Wednesday morning.
The Foys are not living in the house at the present time because of last week’s fire. The home was in the process of being cleaned up when this morning’s fire broke out.
Hochgesang says the family’s clothes were removed from the house before this morning’s fire; most of the furniture and other belongings are still in the home.