Flash Explosion Sends Local Man to Indianapolis Burn Unit

Jasper (NNDC) – A flash explosion injured a Styline Diesel Service Center employee early Monday morning.

The employee was in a service pit working with an aerosol-based solvent cleaner causing the explosion shortly before 8:30 a.m.  Employees used an extinguisher to put out the fire out and then helped the injured employee before first responders arrived.

The employee was taken to Memorial Hospital by ambulance before being transferred to a burn unit in Indianapolis.  According to Huntingburg Volunteer Fire Cheif Scott Patberg, the employee was conscious at the scene before being transported.

Patberg reported there were no other injuries and other than the fire extinguisher residue and smoke, there appeared to be no damage. The Indiana State Fire Marshal’s Office was notified and arrived on the scene shortly before firefighters left.

The firefighters responding  were on scene a little over an hour and were assisted by Huntingburg Police department and Memorial Hospital E M S.

Speak Your Mind

*