Higher Power; Working Smoke Detectors Avert Certain Tragedy (VIDEO)

Cuzco (NNDC) – An unimaginable tragedy was averted this morning… thanks to someone watching out for Dorothy Hinkle’s family… and working smoke detectors…

TEXT OF VIDEO

Dorothy Hinkle is convinced someone was looking out for her and her extended family early Tuesday morning…

A grandson in law was getting ready for work at about 4 this morning when a smoke alarm in the home’s basement went off… He immediately awakened Dorothy and his wife… Dorothy’s granddaughter… (DOROTHY HINKLE TALKING ABOUT BEING WOKE UP AND HEADING FOR THE BASEMENT).

The two were able to put out the fire quickly with no real damage to the basement… A faulty electrical strip on a countertop next to a TV ignited a small bundle of clothes.

Had the smoldering fire burned much longer, it would more than likely ignited nearby furniture and a pantry… and within minutes would have fully engulfed the house.

Dubois Fire Chief Steve Kalb says thanks to the working smoke detectors in the home, a tragedy was indeed averted …(STEVE KALB ON PHONE SAYS THE SMOKE DETECTORS SAVED THEIR LIVES).

(DOROTHY ON CAMERA… SAYS SHE THANKS GOD EVERYDAY FOR WATCHING OUT FOR HER FAMILY).

 

And thanks to those smoke detectors… seven family members spanning three generations are safe and sound today.

And the family home with nearly a half-century of memories remains.

Speak Your Mind

*