NYE Fire Displaces St. Henry Family

St. Henry – A new year’s eve basement fire has temporarily displaced a local family.

St. Henry Fire Chief Steve Eckert says Ethan Meyer came home at about 11:25A Saturday and discovered smoke coming from the basement of the house in the 1400 block of West 1411 South.

SHVFD firefighters found the basement fully engulfed in flames when they arrived on scene.  They were able to knock down the fire with water sprayed through a basement window.

Eckert says flames were coming out of the basement window and dryer vent on the west side of the home.

Eckert says the fire started in a gas dryer in the basement.  He says no was home.  The home is owned by Ethan’s parents, Pat and Cindy Meyer.
Eckert says fire damage was contained to the basement area,  He says there was actually very little damage to the outside of the house, however there is an extensive amount of smoke damage throughout the house.

Eckert says the fire has displaced the family temporarily.  He says the family is staying with other family members while need repairs from the fire are completed.  He says the home is fully insured.

 

Speak Your Mind

*