UPDATE: Basement Sauna Catches Fire South Of Ireland (VIDEO)

Ireland (NNDC) – A fire broke out at a home south of Ireland Monday afternoon.

Madison Township firefighters were called to the home of Jerry and Marla Haas shortly before 4 oclock.

Heavy smoke could be seen coming from the single story structure when firefighters arrived on scene.

Haas says he turned on a hotbed sauna in the home’s basement about an hour before.  Most of the home sustained heavy smoke damage… a section of the basement was destroyed according to fire chief Stan Seifert.

Haas and a family dog were attended to at the scene for breathing in heavy smoke. The dog was taken to an area vet for further treatment but we are told the dog is going to be ok.

The home is on Alder Creek Drive in the Arrowhead Ridge subdivision south of Ireland.

 

Speak Your Mind

*