UPDATE: Sunday Morning House Fire Cause Determined (with VIDEO)

Jasper (NNDC) – A light ballast in the basement of a westside Jasper home is where an early Sunday m0rning fire originated.

Jasper fire chief Ken Hochgesang says the home’s owner, George Ellis, had been doing some remodeling work in the basement the night before.   The home is located in the 1200 block of west 14th.

Hochgesang says the basement had additional fumes from glue and stained wood from the remodeling work.  Hochgesang says it appears the light ballast was on at the time the fire broke out which was around 4:20AM Sunday.

Because of the remodeling, Ellis was spending the night at his mother’s home on 15th Street.   Ellis was the one who discovered smoke coming from his home’s basement.

BELOW IS OUR ORIGINAL STORY FROM SUNDAY’S HOUSE FIRE…

Speak Your Mind

*