Autopsy Results Released From Jasper Triple-Fatal Fire; Narcotics Found In Bloodstreams (with VIDEO)

The Dubois County coroner's office investigators arriving on scene of the November 26, 2014 fire in Jasper that claimed three lives.

The Dubois County coroner’s office investigators arriving on scene of the November 26, 2014 fire in Jasper that claimed three lives.

JASPER (NNDC) – Dubois County Coroner Bob Veatch Monday afternoon confirmed that all three people who died in an apartment fire back on November 26th, died from asphyxia due to soot inhalation.

The three who died were 20-year old Alex Snedeker, 20-year old Linsey Parsley and her three-year old son, Robert Parsley.

The autopsy report also states that blood tests on both Snedeker and Linsey Parsley showed positive levels of methamphetimine and THC (Tetrahydrocannabinol is the principal psychoactive constituent of the Cannabis plant).

Veatch tells NNDC that positive levels of amphetimine and Benzodiazepines were found in Linsey Parsley’s blood. (Benzodiazepines are a class of psychoactive drugs).

Veatch says the narcotics were not a direct factor in their deaths, but says the levels found in the two adults could have hindered their ability in getting out of the apartment before they were all overcome by smoke.

Veatch says a trace of methamphetamine was found in the young boy’s blood, but says the level was so low he believes the boy inhaled methamphetamine that was in the smoke coming from the fire.  He did say there is no way to verify how the meth actually got into the child’s blood.

Jasper Fire Chief Ken Hochgesang says Robert Parsley had been taken from his bedroom and all three victims were found near a window in another room. Snedeker and Linsey Parsley were pronounced dead at the scene. Robert Parsley was taken by ambulance to Memorial Hospital where he died a short time later.

Hochgesang told NewsNow Dubois County at the scene that morning that batteries were removed from the downstairs smoke detector and that it appeared the upstairs smoke detectors were not operational.

The Indiana State Fire Marshal’s Office told Hochgesang the fire started in a dryer vent in the upstairs apartment where the three victims lived and were found.

Here is our original story about the fire…

Speak Your Mind

*