All Three Fire Victims Died Of Smoke Inhalation

Photo: Jasper Fire Department

Photo: Jasper Fire Department

JASPER (NNDC) – Dubois County Coroner Bob Veatch has issued a preliminary autopsy report this evening. Veatch says all three victims of the Thanksgiving Eve apartment fire in Jasper succumbed to smoke inhalation.

Veatch says toxicology tests and microscopic exam results are still pending.

20-year old Linsey Parsley, her 3-year old son Robert Parsley and Linsey’s live-in boyfriend, 20-year old Alex Snedeker all perished in the pre-dawn fire at an apartment house at 413 3rd Avenue in Jasper.

Jasper fire chief Ken Hochgesang says the house did have smoke detectors, but they were not working.

Hochgesang says both Parsley and Snedeker went into your Robert’s room to get him, but all three were overcome by smoke as they were trying to get out of the upstairs apartment through an upstairs window.

The state fire marshall’s office also ruled that the built-up lint in a clothes dryer vent was the cause of the fire which was reported at 4:45am Wednesday morning.

CLICK HERE FOR OUR EARLIER STORY ON THE FIRE…

Speak Your Mind

*