Weekend Fire Damages Home Near Bretzville

untitledBRETZVILLE — Cooking oil left on a hot stove the cause of a Saturday afternoon fire at home just south of the Bretzville Junction.

The fire was reported at about 4pm at the Leonard Brinkman residence along East 700 South just west of Indiana 162.

St. Anthony Fire Chief Scott Uebelhor says the cooking oil was in a pan on the stove. When the oil ignited, it did damage to the stove, a microwave and some kitchen cabinets.

Uebelhor says fire damage was limited to the kitchen and stove area, but there was a significant amount of smoke damage throughout the maiN floor of the house.

The Brinkmans are staying with other family until the house is cleaned up and the kitchen repaired.

Speak Your Mind

*